Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing 12 Creating Community By Commenting and Sharing

From Doug Johnson's Blue Skunk I enjoyed the definition, via the wikipedia hyperlink, of an internet "troll". Email has made us all  experienced in being flamed, and the blogger is no different.  As I read through Cool Cat by Vicki Davis, she had a hyperlink to Kathi Sierra's Creating Passionate Users, which is no longer updated due to anonymous threats in 2007 from a "troll".
Doug also mentions thanking those that comment, if possible, while Vicki says that if you are writing about another blogger's column in your own blog, provide the hyperlink to the original blog. She provided directions, but since the column was from 2006, the process may have been simplified. 
I would like to keep track of the comments I have made to my "playmates", and both Vicki and Doug suggest Cocomment.  I don't think I'll sign up for it at this time--my head is about to explode with everything I've signed  up for.  
And last of all,  after reading Blogging Basics 101, I felt better about using my name in the blog. 
The two blogs I discovered pertain to my personal interests yoga and the low carb lifestyle.

4 comments:

joaquin said...

Hi,
read your post. I am new too and wondering how to track my comments. I am glad your friends have suggested cocomment. I chose that one and good to see it recommended by others as well. For me it is working very well, as soon as you have the time get on it. It will make your life easier.

Blue Eyes blogging said...

Joaquin, I have finally started to have consistent success in tracking my comments with cocomment. This is really going to be life long learning for me--one step at a time!

mlw said...

I, too, feel that I have signed up for so many things--each morning something pops up on my computer that I have no idea where I got it--oh, well, I suppose that is part of the learning curve. I noticed that one blog that I read published the comments on one of the side bars, but I can't do that at this time, can you?

Blue Eyes blogging said...

MLW, Happy Fourth of July! No, I haven't looked into putting comments on the sidebar, yet. I just "mastered" the cocomment thing and figured out how to answer posts so they even turn up on the blog!! If I learn how to do it, I'll share with you!