Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing 8 RSS Feeds

I have used an email notification system for a few years to let me know when one or more of my blogs had changed. However, by setting up a Google Reader account, I can click and see the first line or two.  I also like being able to see the feeds to which I am subscribed.  I have several blogs in my delicious account, but I only transferred a few to see how the process worked and if I liked it. I think it is a good deal.
The blogs in my delicious account would definitely be more useful if they were listed in Reader. Initially I had one of my favorite news feeds listed, but I removed it. Since it was news, there were new posts all day long, and I would rather keep this reader just for  my professional interests and I would create a different account for my personal interests.
For the faculty and administrators, this feature would be a dynamic tool for them to keep track of the trends and issues in their specific field of expertise.  I think it would also be a useful research tool for the college or high school students. I am in an elementary setting, and  I would need to examine any safety ramifications of using Reader with my students.

No comments: