Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing 13 Tagging and Del.icio.us

Over the past 2 years I have experimented with 3 online bookmarking systems. It was necessitated by the fact that I kept bookmarks on 3 computers ( not counting the 14 student computers) and a flash drive. They were only synched once a year, and it never was a satisfactory process. The system was inefficient and messy, so something had to be done. I never spent enough time on Furl to "make it work", and "I Keep Bookmarks" was a favorite simply because I did not understand "tags." However, IKB tended to run slow, and it wasn't as social as del.icio.us or Furl. This spring I accessed my del.icio.us account and the proverbial light bulb went on--I understood what to do!! I guess I just needed to sleep on it for a very long while. Here are my del.icio.us bookmarks .

3 comments:

Blue Eyes blogging said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Char said...

I was amazed at how many bookmarks you had added--almost 400. I didn't look at the dates for each one. Did you add all of them at one sitting or have your added to the number throughout the other assignments?

Blue Eyes blogging said...

Char, Over the years I simply collected too many bookmarks on too many machines. I would try to synch my school laptop and my school desktop, but that left what I had on my personal laptop and what I had put on the student computers out of the loop. I started to put them all into my delicious, and I have added more through 23 things.