Friday, June 13, 2008

Thing 9 Useful Blogs and Feeds

Easiest method to find a feed was to use the advanced search option and refine the query. Of the tools to find RSS feeds I found Technorati the most efficient.  Goggle Blog was easy but the search produced too many borderline blogs. Edublog was too narrow. 

Which was more confusing?I did not care for either Topix or Syndic8.  Topix reminded me of a wiki, and Syndic8 loaded too slowly

Useful or unusual feeds found? Not really unusual, but Becky of Becky's Book Reviews has several blogs--with lots of blogging.  I liked all her "challenge" communities.

What other way did you locate feeds?
Checking out what other people have in their blog rolls.

Without the SBISD passwords, I could not look beyond the index at Atomic Learning.  I liked the way they had the videos split up so you could easily view the piece you needed.  The content seemed similar to yesterday's Common Craft video about RSS.

No comments: