Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing 6 Mashups

Mashups were very interesting and I have spent two evenings testing and exploring, sometimes successfully, and several times "not so much."  I really wanted to use mappr  to identify the  birthplaces of authors in the US by placing photos of their birthplaces on the map.  At this time, however, the process is above me, so I moved to a new "toy" and theme.  Springfield MA is the birthplace of Dr. Seuss, and they have created a sculpture garden to memorialize his characters.   Besides this picture, Flickr has many of the sculptures represented, and there is another picture of the chair in winter surrounded by melting snow. I chose the summer version.   I looked at the trading cards, but I finally settled on Motivator from Big Huge Labs and composed the message. The only problem I encountered is that I wanted the credit under the picture, and I could not get it to happen.  This picture was uploaded to Flickr on June 17, 2005, by Skmots.   The license also states no derivative works, and I feel I have followed that stipulation, too. 

2 comments:

LKP said...

Yes, they are lots of fun. I liked your picture.
BTW, where in TN did you live??? I lived in Knoxville for a year and LOVED it!!! Still miss the mountains and the beautiful Autumns!

Blue Eyes blogging said...

Sorry about the delay in answering your question. I did not understand how to reply but I think I have it sorted out now! We lived in Tullahoma TN (middle Tennessee) from 1972-1976. Then we went to Knoxville for grad school--1976-1979, and that is where I earned the MSLS. Our son was born there during our last year. After that we moved to Boston and DC for 4 years (1979-1983). In 1983 we moved back to Tullahoma for 3 more years. The Smokies are beautiful, but middle Tennessee is nice, too.